This FAQ answers many of the commonly asked questions regarding how to use the OptionStack platform. Topics such as how to create / adjust your positions and how to analyze / tune your trading systems are discussed below. If you have any additional questions, please post your questions to our discussions forums.
- Drag and drop the Strategy block from the Toolbar onto the Main Canvas.
- Drag and drop various Strategy Filters and attach them to the Strategy Block.
- Preview the types of spreads that will be constructed by clicking on the “Magnifying Icon” on the Strategy block.
To specify the filters for a specific leg of an order, click on the “Gears” icon on the Filter block and enable the “Leg” option.
In the example above, a put vertical spread will be constructed where:
- the highest strike put will have a delta of 25 – 30.
- the overall position delta will be 15 – 20.
- Adding Comments to your Orders: By adding comments to your orders, you can trace the transactions back to your specific trading rules.
- Plotting studies / portfolio attributes: By plotting the various technical studies and your portfolio attributes, you can observe how your trading rules interact with market conditions.
- Previewing your Strategy Orders: By previewing your strategy orders, you can verify whether your order criteria matches your desired position characteristics.