OptionStack Inc. (“OptionStack”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognizes the importance of keeping the information you (“you” or “your”) provide to us private and secure. This Policy applies, in general, to all Internet sites operated by or on behalf of OptionStack (the “Site”) and related services (the “Services”).
1. User Consent.
By using our Site or providing Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy, do not use our Site.
2. Types of Information We Collect.
When we refer to “Personal Information” we mean information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. When we refer to “Anonymous Information” we mean information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information and which cannot be identified as belonging to you.
We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, mailing address, phone, e-mail address, age, investment background, and similar information when you create an account. Our Site may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, IP address.
3. Use of Your Personal Information.
Whenever we collect Personal Information on our Site, we will:
● not disclose, transfer, sell or otherwise provide your Personal Information to any third
party unless required by law or as expressly stated herein;
● collect and use your Personal Information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information, legal requirements, and other factors;
● collect your Personal Information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is
● process your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented; and
● not use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an
opportunity to “opt-out”.
We may use Personal Information:
● to create your account and provide the Services you request;
● to access the third party services you specifically request access to;
● to provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
● to send you administrative e-mail notifications and other Services related communications;
● to make telephone calls to you, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your
● to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our
Services and for other marketing purposes;
● to contact you regarding opportunities to compensate you for your algorithm’s
● to share anonymized and/or aggregated algorithm performance statistics with third
parties, for example potential investors or for marketing purposes; and
● to market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may
be of interest, both on and off the Site.
● to facilitate communication with other Members of the Site as you direct us through the
4. Control and Retention of Personal Information.
5. Security of Personal Information.
Your Personal Information will generally be stored in our or our servers (which are hosted by a third party service provider) located in the United States. To the extent required by law, if your Personal Information will be transferred outside of this country, an appropriate notice will be provided. We maintain safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your Personal Information. However, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security unless we have acted in a grossly negligent manner.
6. Use of Anonymous Information.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding any information that makes the information personally identifiable to the data subject. We use this Anonymous Information to so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site performance. OptionStack reserves the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties at its sole discretion.
7. Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; process any payments; provide technical support; and/or provide other services to the OptionStack. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by OptionStack.
We will not sell Personal Information collected from our Internet sites to mailing list brokers. We may, however, share your Personal Information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential.
In some cases, we may share your Personal Information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers. When we do so, we will require our business partners to use the Personal Information we share with them in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you subsequently consented) and only as permitted under this Policy and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
In certain, limited circumstances we may share or transfer Personal Information to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide Personal Information to a third party: (i) at your request; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or court order; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; (iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, investment in, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of our company or business; or (v) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information.
8. Third Party Websites.
10. Users Outside of the United States.
Our Services and Site are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
12. Changes in this Privacy Statement.
13. Contact Us.